Thursday, April 16, 2009

Reading Books


STEP INTO READING EVERYBODY!!!

Reading is something which is important for everybody. Here in America, even kids have the habbit of reading. When i was a kid, i have never read books other than school syllabus books.

I have seen my mom and grandma reading magazines, though. They told me too to read magazines, but i never did. Of course, later i started reading books like Nancy Drew, then .... M&B... Women's Era, India Today, etc from the Cosmopolitan Club's Library.

But later, i never got a chance to read, because of the changes in my life such as my studies , work, etc . Later, I got an oppurtunity to register for a mobile library near my house in Bangalore, India. I just grabbed it!!!!! I started reading reading some novels.

After coming to US, i was very lucky to have libraries near my house. Then, i learnt how to choose good books, and I started placing hold on new books in the library and read them.

After seeing me, my friend too wanted to start reading books. She started reading Nancy drew's Juvenille collection.Now, she is also a good reader.

Some of my recommendations which i enjoyed reading are :

1. Daughter Of Venice, by Donna Jo Napoli

2. For The Love Of Venice , by, Donna Jo Napoli

3. A good Indian Wife , by, Anne Cherian

4. Veil Of Roses , by, Laura Fitzgerald

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vidya, your blog has been a good inspiration to those of us who want to continue their reading habbit. Thanks also for sharing those books that u enjoyed. Wud definately read them and share my views too!!.
    All the best for ur future blogs.

    -Subathra.

    ReplyDelete

Post your valuable comments and questions if any , in the Comments section below the post !